Old 10-27-2010, 10:22 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redwing 50cc Sboch

ORIGINAL: plane addicts

ORIGINAL: AirTech

ORIGINAL: RedwingRC

Man, I have the best customers in the world! Tom, thanks for getting this going, and everyone else for watching on. PS, Tom, you are picky... no bottom screws even, lol! You know, you could have just done the 4 main screws and left those off. It would have held it as is.

If you have any quesitons let me know. PS, you will be putting your batteries all the way up I'm guessing. The sbachs tend to have more weight in the tail then some others I've flown.

I would love to get some sukhoi's Raf -, but it's one project at a time. Speaking of which - I'm looking to get 1 or 2 more 30cc planes in the late winter early spring. These will be Redwing Planes through and through. We are trying to decide which. I'm thinking I may do an MXSR. Maybe another batch of Sbachs with new mods and color schemes. Anyone like Yellow!?

Anyway, if you guys have suggestions or ideas feel free to let us know. I would love to get your input.

Hey Tim: A MXSR....WOW, I am there dude, and in yellow, you just hit my sweet spot. Check my [link=http://converseeagles.org/]website[/link] home page bottom for photo of Nigel Lambs Red Bull pony. You better start stocking some Breitling decals set if you are bringing the MXSR. BTW I added your intro video of the MX2 as well as TJ hucking the MX to the home page and placed a link to your home in our links page.
Best for him not to mess with the Breitling decals it will get him in a world of trouble from my understanding.
ORIGINAL: Tseres

I herd someone got into trouble for using their scheme.

I believe the paint scheme can't be copyrighted, now...... the Breitling name and logo, that's a different issue. It's up to the individual modeler to use any specific set of decals essential to reproduce a scale copy of any aircraft he chooses without the requirement of paying for a single user copyright fee. On the other hand selling the name and logo with the airplane kit may require permission from the owner (Breitling) which may elect to provide it free as a promotional gratuity or may demand a licensing fee. For example Red Bull doesn't charges for these type of use of their name and logos, on the other hand some other promoters do require licensing. A few years ago there was some major controversy discussed on the AMA magazine on this topic because even Cessna Aircraft Co. was demanding and enforcing licensing agreements on their name being used on any type of toys and model aircraft's manufactured.

Check out this 40% Yak a Canadian fellow was exhibiting at the Windsor Air Races, and I don't think he received any hassle neither from Breitling and or the Nigel Lamb racing team. I hope I am not opening Pandoras Box, this is just my understanding. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97801.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	1524245