RCU Forums - View Single Post - Midwest At-6
Thread: Midwest At-6
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2002, 12:47 AM
Bison
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest AT-6

I have already built the two outer wing panels of my AT-6 with split flaps. I'm not planning to build the center flap under the fuselage. After researching this plane, I concluded that it would land too hot and require alot of runway to land without flaps, and if you slow it down too much on landing without flaps it has a tendency to "snap". As mentioned above the Midwest AT-6 usually builds tail heavy and requires nose weight. The RCS 140 is a lighter engine so my plan to limit nose weight for balance is to move the servo tray one bay forward in the fuselage and to move the throttle servo up just behind the firewall. I also plan to locate the ignition and batteries a far forward as possible. I'm also planning to use lighter (in density) balsa to build the tail and maybe portions of the rear fuselage. As you have already guessed, I started to build the wings of my AT-6 first to see how the split flaps would turn out. The split flaps built to my satisfaction so I'm continuing to build the rest of the wing using the Robart 620 retracts designed for this plane.