RCU Forums - View Single Post - Midwest At-6
Thread: Midwest At-6
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Trooper-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaps

I'm sure that those of you who fly flaps wont agree with this but I've been flying my Texan for 2 years and I see no need in flaps on this particular plane. This plane has some tendencies to snap but I have experienced these at higher speeds ONLY !!! This is a Warbird as all have this characteristic......But I can speak from experience. Mine fly's Gr8 and lands fair......has to be a little hot and plant it on the main gear first!!! You will need to become proficient with your elevator as not to lift back up as you are trying to keep it from noseing over. Expo on elevator helps tremendously!! Yes I agree that you may need a little xtra runway but this is what I like to think makes me a better pilot. I just like how scale this warbird looks as you make your long approach and set up the landing just right. It's a thing of beauty!!
Maybe if I had flaps on mine I would change my tune.........I dont know. But as it stands......I would not change a thing about mine if I had to do it ALL OVER AGAIN !!!!!!!