RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:47 PM
milehighjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10

If anyone is interested, you can also program 3 position flaps with the DX6i. It took a bit of searching, but I did finally get it figured out. Mine now works like this:

Background : I have my dual rates linked on the D/R COMBI setting, and set on my AIL D/R switch, leaving the ELE D/R switch open.

All neutral : both flaps, and ELE D/R switch up.
Half flaps (Im now using 13mm of deflection for half flaps, a little less float, but slows it down nicely) are deployed with the ELE D/R switch DOWN.
Full Flaps (Im now using 20mm of deflection, and a little down elevator) are deployed with the FLAPS switch DOWN

First the flap servo must be plugged into the AUX channel on the RX.

I set up the full flaps setting on the FLAPS menu. NORM is the retract setting, LAND of course is the setting for full flaps/down elevator.

Then, set up MIX1 for FLAP -> FLAP mix:

FLAP -> FLAP ACT
RATE D x% U y%
SW ELE D/R TRIM INH

Fiddle with x or y until you get the half flap deflection that you want.

A buddy of mine has the DX7, and it is really nice with the three position switch. Initial research looked like I wasnt going to be able to do it at ALL on the DX6i, but as you can see its quite possible (and very nice too I might add...) I use the half flap setting for take off. When Im setting up a landing, I drop half flaps on the downwind leg while pulling back the throttle, then deploy full flaps on final. Really slows it down, but you dont want to be making any abrupt turns with full flaps.

jc