RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unstable travel adjust setting 12X/1221/8611
Old 11-02-2010, 05:38 PM
GR7Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Unstable travel adjust setting 12X/1221/8611

Ok, good info Bob.R.

Last thing that you might want to check is to see if the "eyebrow" trim switches on the upper outside corners of the gimbals are trimming your second elevator channel. If you used the flap (aux1) or the aux 2 channel as your 2nd elevator channel, it's possible to independently trim that channel with one of those trimmers. I like to deactivate the trimmer in the trim menu when I use one of those channels for mating purposes.

I kind of doubt that this is your problem though as your 2nd elevator surface would show a different center position when things are acting up.

Other than that, I'm running out of ideas. Could be a poor extension/connection, but that would probably show other signs too like jittery servo or slower speed. I guess it could be the servo, but I've never heard of that symptom from a servo.

Sure sounds like an errant mix in the transmitter somewhere, or something causing the transmitter to send the odd signal. You might take a look at the mix monitor and make sure nothing is listing the right or left elevator channel in a mix that could somehow affect the travel.

KennyMac