RCU Forums - View Single Post - Craft Air Cowboy Build
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 PM
russ_hillis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Craft Air Cowboy Build

As promised, here's some more pics of the build. Not really much to see, I have cut the slots for the hinges and done the test fits and they're pretty much ready for covering & making the hinges permanent. To get the hinge slots centered I just set my adjustable miter square for half the thickness of the control surface, made a slice, flipped the surface over, sliced again. This gave me a centered slit, even if the miter wasn't set perfectly. Then I cut out the "meat" in the middle with a modified hack saw blade. I'm making some progress on the fuse, but not having done a lot of full fuse's, I'm not sure as to how to proceed and get everything plumb & true. I cut the wing mounting area out and then attached the 1/8x3/4 wing doublers. To have them match perfectly, I again make use of my router & edge trimming bit so all of my mistakes line up perfectly One problem I came across, was making sure the entire fuse side was the correct height for the trim bit bearing. It turned out to be a really easy fix, I just set the other fuse half on the table and let the work piece ride on it. Here's to hoping my pic's aren't too confusing!