RCU Forums - View Single Post - $600 budget, what would you do?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 12:48 PM
pritch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $600 budget, what would you do?

Hi hnasdad

For me in your position coming back into the hobby I would favour what the LHS stocks and knows about, and sure if you down at a local venue whatever the guys are running down there and are knowledgeable about.

For all the things you mentioned - your budget, the LHS stocks, the ability to bash but maybe also race, I would favour E-Revo brushless. It's a good all-rounder. I admit I've had a few Traxxas vehicles and may be a bit biased to them, but you asked what we would do and that's what I'd do as I've never been disappointed with a Traxxas vehicle, and especially as it's easy for me to get parts here in the UK for Traxxas. Being in America this is less of an issue for you though.

As you need all the kit I would certainly look to ebay for someone looking to get out of the hobby, who's throwing in all the spares, bits n pieces, etc. You could save a fortune on buying new, as ever though, try to ensure it hasn't been too used/abused.

I would go lipo now. I just have and I'm not looking back. It's still a bit of a black art to me but all I know is I put two packs in my old e-maxx and I've never seen it move like that.

Good luck and enjoy your purchase.