RCU Forums - View Single Post - How addicted are YOU?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 AM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How addicted are YOU?

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

I found out there was a hobby store not far from where I work/live, so I went to check it out ............... Hopefully your stories will make me feel a little better about myself[&o]
Or maybe they'll help me justify a $50 RX to save 10grams of weight [:@]
Actually taking the time to go look see was your first mistake. It's like they say with 'crack' .... one hit is all it takes for some folk, and it sounds like your well on your way to becoming an rc aircraft addict!.

I myself had a go on a friends simulator program about 4 years ago. Got my first cheap RTF 450 size 3D electric heli xmas 08, sold all my rc cars a few months later, sold my kite buggy gear about mid last year, now have a full on 0.50 nitro heli (1.34meter/53" rotor diameter) .... then I got a 1.65meter/65" wide nitro trainer plane after swapping it for my rc yacht ..... and for the last few months I've been weighing up the merits of either a nice 70 sport plane, or a .60 sized "blue nose" P51 from hangar 9.
Seriously, once you start, this 'drug' called "RC Aircraft" will take you on a downward spiral where all your talking about is 2 and 4 stroke nitro's vs gas and electric power, and scale vs 3D options faster than you can blink!

This place is just a support group for those of us who have realized we have a disease, yet are deliriously happy with our addiction as it makes us happier people to be around, and as such, are not ready for the 12 step program just yet!!.