RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
sparky 25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser

I have had 3 madforce trucks over the years,

they are alot different to drive than the independent suspension trucks and alot of fun to run,

some of the weakest points on the older trucks were, the front ring and pinion gears would break easy, as they were originally made from alloy

the 2 link suspension arms would flex enough under torque to allow the rear drive shaft to fall out,

and the thing i disliked alot about the older trucks was they sat too tall and would roll over easy and would wheelie too much,

kyosho seem to have addressed all of these known issues by fitting steel helectical cut ring and pinion gears front and rear,

adding a raised rib down the length of the 2 link arms to prevent flexing, lowering the ride height of the truck and also adding an inch to the wheelbase to help keep the nose down,

i have recently purchased a madforce parts bundle and addressed these problems myself,

i added 2 inches to the stock length, an inch at the front and an inch at the rear using hyper st driveshafts,

fitting tmaxx turn buckles on top of the link arms to prevent flexing,

lowering the ride height by about 20mm and having fitted steel helectical cut front and rear ring and pinions that came with the parts bundle,

the kyosho gxr 28 engines that come in the madforce kruiser are easy to tune and make good enough power to throw the madforce around with ease,

having owned a kyosho gigacrusher with the same gxr28 engine i know it has good power,

the gigacrusher weighs probably twice as much as a madforce and with the gxr28 it was pretty quick,

i have went with an lrp30 in my madforce and its nuts, i had sold my first two madforces and regretted it,

not gonna part with this one in the near future as i like how they run with the solid axles,

if i was after a new nitro truck id give the madforce kruiser some consideration as i like the way they are set up.