RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 PM
rrhea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10

I just measured the tires, they're 2.5 inches.
If you look back at my post on this link from about 10 days ago, there's a video of my second flight with the SR-10, taking off and landing on a closely mown flying field. It went fine. You've got to touch down with some power to keep from flipping tail-over-nose.I had tried a few days before on a soccer field, and it flipped every time I landed. The field was bumpy and the grass a little longer and uneven.
The landing gear struts on this plane are made of very soft plate aluminum. After each flying session (4 or 5 flights) I've had to remove the gear, reform the struts and mount them again. Even after a session of 5 perfect grass landings.
I guess on pavement they would probably be fine if every landing is perfect!

This is my only complaint with the SR-10. Too bad Parkzone didn't make them of light spring steel or carbon fiber. I already bought a pair for backup.
With all that said, it's no big deal to take them off, and the retro look of the gear and pants are part of the magic!
I would still buy the SR-10. It flies great, looks great and I've enjoyed every minute of flying and working on it!

Rocky

PS: Here a Video I put together using an onboard videocam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmWQ1BToAk0