RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-30 gas troubles
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Gabrielsande

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saito FG-30 gas troubles

Hi, had an other flight today, after some time, and kind of still doing the same,is not too bad and at least, it keeps running.

First part of the fly was ok, consistant knife edge, but after few minutes, it was coffing a lot at knif edge again!.so taking it easy, done a 10 minutes fight, landed check the fuel level, it was at 3/4 of the tank. so driving back home, my brain was going through the problem again, and I tough, should I try fitting a perry pump before the carb to help a bit?, or may be the ignition module faulty??, there is a lot in these fourms about people swapping the saito module for a rcxel one, might be a good move just to leave the carb set as it is and fit a new module to see how it goes ,will se..

Anyway despite the coffing,it worth the hassle, airplane sounds very nice,smooth and quiet, power is just right .

I swapped the crrc pro26 with a dle 30 v2 on my other plane, and the power now is crazy, but the standard exhaust is kind of stright out! so it sounds worse than a old big chainsaw, like the power it goes vertical for ever on a 18X8, but saito is more enjoyable!