RCU Forums - View Single Post - Optima Rx's and cold weather problems
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 AM
flyingtomg
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optima Rx's and cold weather problems

I have two planes with Optima 6 Rx's that I took flying this weekend. I should note that both of these planes have been spot-on reliable since this summer.

Both planes stayed in my car in the garage over night. My garage got to around 40 degrees that night. All batteries and the Tx (Aurora 9) stayed inside overnight.

I went out flying in the morning. It was 25 degrees out at the field. Neither plane would respond when I powered them up. In both cases, the control surfaces just moved on their own every second or so. The Tx could do nothing.

I took both planes home. When I got home, I promptly used the Tx with a different plane that I was not using that day. It also has an Optima Rx. It worked fine right away. No problems.

I waited a couple of hours to let the Rx's on the original two planes warm-up. They still wouldn't work. Then I had the idea that maybe they lost their binds. After I re-did the bind procedure on each Rx, they worked fine.

So, it seems that getting the Rx's cold makes them lose their binds. Is that possible? Should I be worried about flying this winter? This can't happen if I'm in the air.

Thanks,
flyingtomg