RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does the hobby really need to be cheaper?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Does the hobby really need to be cheaper?

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Dunno about you guys, but ThunderbirdJunkie would rather buy a $350 kit with all the options than a $200 RTR, throw the motor/ESC/servo in the garbage, then spend $200-250 on upgrade parts that are needed.

Just sayin'.
well kind of agree.
It all depends actually. Like I got a Jammin X1x CR RTR the only parts I upgraded that came on the kit(that I wanted) was the center CNC'd braces, and the Z-brace. If I remember right the kit would have cost me a fair bit more than the RTR with those parts (think I spent $35 on them), along with no engine. But those 2 parts is all I wanted that the kit had in them.

But then on the Jammin .5 CRT I went the kit route which at the time cost more than the RTR cause I wanted the all the upgrades that came with it and didn't care about the engine in it.

Now it would be nice if traxxas, and HPI would sell almost ready to runs of their vehicles cause I really a fan of the electronics that comes with them.
I also don't like having to rely on ebay chop shops for having to buy rollers + most the other parts just to end up paying almost the same as a RTR in the end just not to have the electronics.