RCU Forums - View Single Post - Savage .21 to flux conversion
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Savage .21 to flux conversion

Been almost a full 7 months since I started this project. So decided its time to update

Last Monday I pretty much overhauled the setup.
I upgraded it to TCScrawler's Flux TVP's, Flux battery compartments, flux motor mount, and Integy HD rear hubs(I found them for $2 more than the standards shipped). I still use my ESC mount plate I made though seeing the holes I had drilled lined up perfectly to the holes where the HPI plate mounts
I still need flux Diff's, tranny outdrives, and driveshafts seeing the .21 driveshafts are kinda twisted, and will probably break pretty soon. The drive cups also are getting worn down.

I slapped HB UFO rims on it from the HB garage sale awhile back that I got for $5 a set

Swapping to the new parts affected the handling of it more drastically than I expected in all truth. Seems the batteries are pushed a little farther to the back than my old setup, which causes it to backflip ALOT easier than it was. But now on stopping its not flipping forward as easily though. The integy HD rear hubs I'm so far happy with, seeing I don't have the tierod popping out anymore in the rear(which it di at least 5 times a run).

1st 3 pics are from before the test run out in front.
1st flip took out my rear body clips, and completely ground down the body posts so its flush to the body [:@]
I will never recommend this body if you plan on running it. Now if you want a body for display wheile its on a shelf it looks stellar, but as a running bdy I cannot recommend it.
Next time I goto my LHS I'm picking it up a standard truck body that will keep the body clips, and posts away from danger when it flips

I am also contemplating removing the wheelie bar seeing it doesn't work that good from my runs. IMO it needs to stick farther out in back to actually catch the truck before it has the inertia, and ends up on its lid.

Electronics were changed a few months back I dumped the CC MM ESC , and 2200kv motor(slapped em in a Jamin X1 CRT) for a HW 150A esc, and 2000kv motor. Also have a 18t pinion in it. According to my temp gauge the motor runs at its hottest 110 degrees (when it was 95 out) Today it was cool to the touch. The mamba was hitting 140 degrees, and the ESC was very warm too when it was in it after 10 mins.