RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yokosuka E14Ys "Glen"
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:54 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yokosuka E14Ys

Hey, that's a pretty nice float plane too. The size is OK for me. When are you going to build yours? Maybe we can build two together, two different sizes and put both on a thread here! Then I could copy you again, Kingfisher, Jemco Hellcat, and now the M6A1! On the canopy, I'm in the packaging machinery business and I picked up a used skin packing machine from a customer. Skin packing machines have a top heater element and a vacuum table on the bottom. The plastic sheet is held firmly in a frame platen and then heated. Once it is at the proper temp then you bring the platen down and the plastic gets vacuumed over a plug. It has a 18"x24" platen so I can use it to make nice big canopies with the right plastic or multiples at the same time. Luckily we have a local plastic company the has the proper type of plastic for canopies. The machine is big enough to make a 7-8" draw. Could make plastic cowls with it too. I need to do a small repair on it and then get it fired up. Then I'll need plugs to test it out. I'll let you know as I bet you could always use a canopy for something.