RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yokosuka E14Ys "Glen"
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 01:32 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yokosuka E14Ys

It seems the "builder" in all of us leans towards doing something different. Even my Kingfisher painted in the scheme is different and that's why I like it more than the standard wartime version. (funny that scheme was like your original scheme too) If I'm going to build something now I want to go to the pond and not have someone else with the same thing. On the sub based float plane it happened because a guy in our club sent me the story of the Oregon bombing and it was all about the pilots and the "Glen". The minute I saw it I thought it was so different there couldn't be many with it. Maybe in model form it doesn't fly well and that is why there isn't any plans available. Someone had to have tried it down the road. Maybe it's too ugly for the masses! I'll keep looking and if I can come up with some sort of plans then it's just a matter of enlarging them to what everyone needs.
On the M6A1, I suppose if had had a bigger one that would be OK too. Building the same size would make things easier.