RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tee Dee .05 R/C
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 08:26 PM
fit90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tee Dee .05 R/C

I need help!

I have gotten an earlyChristmas gift. I have just purchased a used Tee Dee .05 R/C at a reasonable price. I opened it up to clean and inspect itand was pleasantly surprised to find it clean and in good shape. I was also surprised to see it had a lightened crank shaft with a drilled crank pin. After lubing and reassembling it, itfired right up and ran well. Since all my time with Tee Dees has been spent trying to make them scream like scalded monkeys (what ever they may scream like) I have absolutely no experience trying to make one idle. This engine appears to be completely stock. Should I keep it stock? Should Iswitch to a Galbreath head and Nelson Plug? I have had good luck with the Nelson hot plug in my exceptionally limited experience with other carb equipped small engines. Also, does anybody have any suggestions for fuel, prop or any of the other many things that I am probably over looking. I hope to run this engine a little this weekend and use Sig Champion 25% with added castor, an APC 5.7x3 prop and the stock glow plug. If I can not get a satisfactory idle I will try a Galbreath head and Nelson plugs. I will post the results as I get them.

Now for the real question. The ultimate Christmas gift on my wish list is to get my ten year old daughter to take an interest in R/C flying with me. She is a true girly girl and getting to the age where I am just not that cool (probably a real dork to her). Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. You guys all have a good night.

Bob