RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Decathlons From Seagull 91 and 120 Size!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 PM
lrglnman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Decathlons From Seagull 91 and 120 Size!

Ok an update on Decathalon, ITS HERE !!!!!!! Got it in yesterday but Ive been under the weather for the last week and not felt like doing much. So tonight I heaved myself out to the shop to crack open the box and look at all the goodies in there. (no pics as of yet camera batteries is dead) . First thing out of the box was the tail feathers. Boy was the covering loose. looked liked the Atlantic ocean . Then came the wings, they looked fine no wrinkles. the fusealage was last and it looked ok. A few wrinkles near the tail end and that was it. So nothing a good ironing won't fix. construction was typical ARF style and im going to hit all i can reach with the glue bottle. the cowl had a fleak of paint loose near the air intake but Im pretty sure i can fix that. i happen to have a can of ultracoat white in the shop so no problems there. the only think i dont like is the windows are glue down and its gonna make working on the inside a pain. I also looked at the push rods that is in the plane, it looks like they will be fine cause the control surfaces are very small . A lot smaller that several 40 sized planes. Oh did you all look at the recommended control surface movement? that looks like a set up for failure. the surfaces barely move! is this right? Would I be money ahead to build a platform above the servo tray and place the fuel and smoke tanks on the cg? I and planning on using the Zenoah g20 on this plane. is there a Pitts style muffler out there that works good on this engine? I know i said I plan on using High Tech 645 servos . Would standard servos ran at 6 volts work ok for this plane ? The surfaces look small enough to work with standard servos. Like Futaba 3004's . any other ideas? things you would do different?