RCU Forums - View Single Post - Craft Air Cowboy Build
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 12:49 PM
russ_hillis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Craft Air Cowboy Build

I'm going to try an old OS .20 with an 9x5 APC 1st. If that doesn't work out maybe a .25 of some sort, the guy that recommended this, he had one back in the day and tried it with a .40 he said was "a bit of a handful" and since I'm a beginner he thought that engine would be a really bad idea Anyway, moving on. I'm going to be doing the batt/fuel tank cover today and my mentor is going to help me with landing gear. Sounds like we're going to be using flat aluminum for that part of the affair. Yes the CCII is the semi-symmetrical wing and that's the one I've chosen. Not sure if that was a good idea but that's what I've done. On the turtle deck, a bit of history. I was given a half built Carl Goldberg Gentle Lady in the summer and I noticed that the rear of the turtle deck has the wood grain running cross ways. I questioned an experienced builder about this and his thinking was that it was to provide improved gluing surfaces to for the tail feathers. I kind of suspect this is right, so I've decided to copy this technique on this plane. I'll trim the excess off once the epoxy has dried.