RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radian Pro - A new e-glider from Parkzone
Old 11-21-2010, 05:24 AM
lovter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radian Pro - A new e-glider from Parkzone

Hi everyone,
I got sick of waiting for a multiplex EasyGliderPro so when Parkzone announced the launch of its Radian Pro, I jumped at it. Modelflight delivered a PNP version and I maidened it this w/e. We appear to be one of the first countries to take shipment - nice for a change.
Generally it is a dream. Docile but with the ability to turn on a dime to chase that bit of lift.
It comes with all servos, control rods fitted, with a 30Ah ESC and 950kV motor. Just fit your own battery, receiver and transmitter.

The only thing I have changed is the prop. It comes with a strange sized folder- a 9.5x7.5 which is barely enough to launch in level flight. Climbing is a struggle. I changed it to a 10x8 and then ran the wattmeter over both configuratioins using a 3S 1800Ah battery.
At full throttle, with the 9.5x7.5 it gave 13.42Ap and 160Wp with 30oz static thrust.
At full throttle, with the 10x8 it gave 21.75Ah and 244.4 Wp with 40 oz static thrust. Motor warm, ESC cold.

It looks the goods and flies well. I'll get the hang of the flaps and "crow mix" this week.
Cheers,
Tezact