RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Irish_Santa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

Here is the scoop on the mods

They are not nessessarily nessessary but keep some things in mind.

1. The tail wheel does not need to be modded but some pilots on hard landing surfaces have noted the collapse of the wire

2. The tail section does not need to be epoxied UNLESS you plan on putting the plane through the ringer of manuvers or you did what I did and tighten the nut to much and broke through the tiny little piece of balsa that makes up the nut shelf.....personally.....beware.

3. The landing section does not need to be double reinforced but the people that are telling everyone that it is NOT needed are experienced pilots and know how to land the plane. I too came from a (veryl light weight) trainer and saw too many people at my own club bouncing thier plane hard one more than one occasion and saw one guy hit not so hard on landing and the landing gear shelf ripped out.....personally...add the epoxy if you are new to low-wing...it will save you some potential headaches down the road

there has not been any mention of a mkII or mkIII with this plane but the manufacturer has noted that there are some issues with the orriginal design and have added some steps in the manufacturing of the plane at the plant like epoxying the elevator wire in the elevators

NOTE...
check your control surfaces during build and add ca if needed and keep checking them during each and every flight

And a final NOTE to all of the experienced pilots out there....Please keep in mind that you are experienced and some of the other people on this board are NOT and are asking for help for that reason AND this plane is technically a Low-Wing trainer/Second Plane.