RCU Forums - View Single Post - The RF Revolver sucks........ or does it
Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The RF Revolver sucks........ or does it

A thread over on another forum is one of those that's built it's own little community talking about the 60 size Revolver. As they amble on discussing the plane and somewhat related stuff, someone threw in that he thinks the RealFlight Revolvers suck. Another member jumped in and said he didn't like them either.

That got my curiosity up. I didn't remember flying the Revolvers in RF. So I plugged the InterLink in and cranked the sucker up. I couldn't find but one Revolver. It is the 40size and it's electric. So I went to Knife Edge and found 5 or 6 there. Installed all of 'em and settled back to see what's what.

I get to fly a big Revolver every so often. Last year or maybe spring of this one, I maidened a 40 size powered by either an OS46AX or 55AX. I remember that one flying pretty much like the big one(s). Very good speed and steady on line.... like it's on rails. Really nice flying planes. Really nice.

In my opinion the "factory" one in RF flies like.... well, like it's on rails. And it's fast. It seems to snap differently then the real life ones I've flown, but then the real life ones often don't have the CG moved around to be perfect. Most people try for the recommended CG, get close or settle for a suggested spot and never move a thing from then on. (and often whine about how sensitive or dull it flies.... 'cause they don't trim the elevator throw either... whatever )

Anyway.....