RCU Forums - View Single Post - The RF Revolver sucks........ or does it
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The RF Revolver sucks........ or does it

So I get into RF5.5 and fly their Revolver. And fly the download ones.

In my opinion, all of the download ones had fatal flaws. At least two of them were dead slow. Those of you with Revolvers know they are NOT slow. One of them seemed to have locked brakes because it nosed over instantly with throttle. I'm guessing it being a RF3.5 version was the reason....

So after deleting all the downloaded ones, the original got a few minutes of stick time.

I wound up wanting it to be a 60 size, glow powered like I get to fly every so often. Like the sound and like the size. But it was quicker to take the original and do an engine swap.

HOOOOO HAHAHA haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

It turns out the list of available glow engines has EXPANDED since I last looked. So I chose an OS55AX. Turns out the list of available engine sounds may or may not have added one or two... and half are heli engines.... whatever......

It took maybe 2 minutes to do the engine/sound swap. It took maybe two circuits of the Airforce Museum flying site to decide the change produced a winner. Now I need to take the time to make a big Revolver.

Near as I can tell, the little one flies pretty close to how the real ones fly. I got no idea what didn't feel right to those other guys.