RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:45 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

Wow. Thanks for the detailed reviews.

Sounds like ARFs can be a bit of a crap shoot from anyone. I guess the difference is service. So far my service appears good on this problem. Others say they have not fared as well.

I have also over the years had good luck with Goldberg and BUSA. I got a very nice Hobby-Lobby Telemaster Senior ARF off a guy on EBay. I understand they are good but not much in stock these days.

With the ARFS drying up for H-L, Sig and Goldberg, folks who want the classics may have to go back to building. I would do it myself but wonder if there could be money in building these for people. I am a doctor (psychiatrist) who does have some free evening and weekend time but wonder if there are rich surgeons who like to fly. Actually I know some docs and dentists who have several really expensive and nice plane but never make it to a field with them. Pity...

Have a buddy in the club who lost his business and is now retired. He was going to custom some Seniors and Senioritas until Nitro came along. He can't make a decent profit for his time competing with $100.

Tom