RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question building polyhedral wing, and wings in general
Old 11-21-2010, 10:58 PM
99GrandTouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question building polyhedral wing, and wings in general

Guys I'm building my 2year old a old gilder kit (he's been begging for a airplane and transmitter for christmas ) i've had sitting on the shelf for years (a bridi tercel).

I've had this "problem" with every kit I've ever built and although it doesn't really affect things it just drives me nuts.

heres the setup...

on the polyhedral portion of the wing it tapers.. the trailing edge is straight but the leading edge tapers back.

so I build the outer wing section on the plans and everything is perfect, I then set the two ajoining ribs to the proper angles for the polyhedral, then I join them together, everything fits perfect, except for the fact the trailing edge is no longer perfectly straight inline with the trailing edge on the center panelas on the plan...

if I do make the the trailing edge perfectly straight with the center section then there is a gap at the leading edge of my ajoining ribs..

to put it into perspective if I laid the wing on a table that was agains the wall, then slid it all the way back so the trailing edge is against the wall the center section would follow the wall perfect, but the polyhedral (swept back) section the trailing edge tapers away from the wall...

why is this?