RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question building polyhedral wing, and wings in general
Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM
99GrandTouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question building polyhedral wing, and wings in general

I know I'm splitting hairs on this one as it probably won't affect anything but i'd still like to learn how to do it properly...

Here are some photos, in progression showing the outer panel and then inner panel on the plans...
then showing them together and the difference in the trailing edge....
if I were to rotate the adjoining wing rib on the outer panel any to compensate then the spacing between the ribs would be off / not even from leading edge to trailing edge.

also as far as the wing rib/joints at the polyhedral the only way I could figure out how to do it was to put the inboard panel at 90 and adjust the outer panels adjoining rib to the proper angle to give me the amount of polyhedral I need.
if someone has photos showing how to do it "properly" where they both have the same angle I would love it so I can learn.

P.S The camera angle makes it look like some of the ribs are outa place / skewed I assure you there not, its cause its not a flat bottom wing and the leading edge is raised also I only have it held down on the trailing edge and the wax paper under it isn't smoothed out.