RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building the BUSA SPAD 13
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:26 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Building the BUSA SPAD 13

I have completed the first phase of bottom wing. Not much different from your wing construction other the mounting of the landing gear and the placement of the hold down bolts & dowels. I did add triangle stock to hardwood gear blocks & ribs in the center section. Both wings were rough sanded and glue joints checked again. I was surprised how strong the wings are, all those ribs. These are the first set of wings I built in one piece, most are built in halves then joined in the center section. Both are straight with not warps.
The tail group easy to build, the instruction are easy to follow. The horz. stab & elevators are very strong and light weight. The fin & rudder is no brainier, just take your time and make good glue joints.

The Fuselage is next. There several phases of construction in this section, which I am most concerned about. If you guys have any ideas, or helpful hints, I would appreciate your input.

I didn't post many pictures of the wing & tail group construction, if you have built a bi-plane, you know how it goes together.