RCU Forums - View Single Post - JC 60cc Engine
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 03:55 PM
norbert001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JC 60cc Engine

I have had my prototype for 3 or 4 weeks now and have test flown it in a 88" YAK 54.
It flew the model well, it starts easy and was reliable, and it will do all the rolling harriers torque rolling hovering you want.
But I wasn't completley happy with it.

To start with, I thought it was me expecting to much and give it time it will improve, so I continued to play with different prop combos etc
and with a bit more run time it will dial in.
But that just has not or is not happening.

When I first got the engine it wouldn't start. Once I cleaned the carb out got the silicon or what ever it was from behind the screen, all was good.
So my first thoughts were I still had a carburation problem.
Talking to one or two other dealers there seems to be a trend that we are all stone walling around 7000RPM

I do know what the problem is but I will be tearing my engine down tomorrow for a proper inspection just to confirm my findings.

Overall Am I dissapointed with the engine..?? NO

After all these are prototypes that were sent out and are suppose to be used for R&D

As these are the first ones to be released, I 'm sure you will all agree if nothing was found wrong with them then thats the time to worry..!!

Kevin for all his faults is doing this bit right I have emailed him with my findings lets hope he listens..!!

Paul