View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 12:43 AM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JC 60cc Engine

ORIGINAL: norbert001
Overall Am I dissapointed with the engine..?? NO

After all these are prototypes that were sent out and are suppose to be used for R&D

As these are the first ones to be released, I 'm sure you will all agree if nothing was found wrong with them then thats the time to worry..!!

Kevin for all his faults is doing this bit right I have emailed him with my findings lets hope he listens..!!

Paul
I think Paul has hit the nail right on the head in his post. Anyone who thinks coming out with a successful engine in the first version is easy should think again. A lot of testing, R&D and re-hashing needs to be done. Look at other manufacturers and the problems they have had with many of theirs.
Remember the problems JC had with their 53 and later the 28? Both turned out to be good, reliable and powerful engines but only on v3 or so.

It seems obvious to me that where things have gone wrong is in some over zealous marketing of an engine that wasn't off the drawing board at the time and some more simiarly irresponsible marketing-speak statements still coming out.
From pictures and videos that have been floating around, it looks clear to me the engine has potential but a lot more work needs to be done on it. There are some obvious strong points there but also things we don't like seeing.

If we manage to see through the hype and a good dealer to work with the factory on the 60, there is no reason why it cannot eventually become a good solid engine