RCU Forums - View Single Post - JC 60cc Engine
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 02:58 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JC 60cc Engine

Super08,
You have a very dirty mind, but since I caught the innuendo I guess I do too.

Tomy,
With the exception of the ignition description the 3w blurb you posted is right on based upon my experiences with a great many of their engines. I haven't worn a 3w out yet and I can attest to the piston to cylinder tolerances. There are more than just A and B top assemblies but the hobby consumer would never see them. It's interesting to see someone from your side of the world reading 3w advertising, but of greater interest is the accuracy in their descriptions. Even the HP values quoted are within independantly obtained test results with any differences attributed to atmospheric variations between the time and place of the dyno runs. One can say 3w's are expensive but it can also be said they aren't telling their customers lies about engine performance. I've done a lot of engine use and testing and know I can always get more RPM out of a 3w but, like the advertisement stated, you don't gain output by doing so.

This is an area that many using engines from other manufacturers could find a lot of noise and power benefits if they would only step outside the box and start experimenting with different propellers. It's sort of like drag racing. You don't win races if you aren't willing to spend money on performance. Many might find that by using a larger prop at a lower RPM they could gain in thrust and lower noise levels. The JC might be one of these. Going for the big numbers may not be the best idea.