RCU Forums - View Single Post - JC 60cc Engine
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JC 60cc Engine

Seems the piper always plays the same tune with most of the Chinese engines. Manufacturer lines up dealers, dealers sell engines. Manufacturer gets bent out of shape because dealer didn't sell enough engines and cuts off dealers. Manufacturers fails to support previoulsy sold engines. Manufacturers never shipped the parts required for warranty work so dealer inventory is disassembled and used for parts. Parts supply runs out with last engine on the shelf. RCGF did exactly the same thing, now JC and RCGF have new dealers.

There is no reason for this business model to be this way, or to continue. If the dealers and manufacturers had some honor and ethics the previous customers could get their issues taken care of, similar to the way Valley View stepped in to pick up the slack when DL USA hit the dirt. I don't know that VV ever got compensated for saving the DL/DLE name by doing what they did but it built the VV name into one to be respected. DA does the same thing by taking extremely good care of their customers. Southeast RC appears to be starting down this path. Companies like this know who their customers are and who will be coming back to buy another engine or more later. They are telling you, the customer, that they intend to stay in business for awhile and that you, the customer, is what will keep them in business.

The consumer controls this practice. If they want it to stop all they have to do is not buy the products until the manufacturers elected to support their products though any change in dealers. The manufacturers would include a parts inventory with each shipment of engines. Those parts would be in the dealers hands BEFORE the dealer initiated product sales. The dealers would refuse to sell an engine prior to having spare parts in their inventory. If they used more than two brain cells they could look beyond the cheap purchase price to determine it may not be so cheap afterall.

What I find extremely amusing is the number of people that will do business with manufacturers having a history of no honor. In essence, the silly customers bend over in anticipation of what is to come. "Hey buddy, look how cheap you can buy this engine!! All those other engines cost twice as much as what I'm selling these for. Good deal, yea?"