RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 08:27 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

W8YE, you nailed it. After I went back to the engine I noticed some nice thick varnish coming out of the vent from the backplate. So I washed from every opening I could with fuel like you said in the other thread where I asked. It started freeing up and I even had the varnish dripping from the front bearing and so I tried to start it and it fired with just a chicken stick! It ran only a minute or so because I was in the garage and didn't want to coat the wife's car with fuel exhaust but it did run and I'll tune later when outside. Thanks again you are always so knowlegeable and helpful. If I had gone to the LHS I don't know if I would have gotten help since it wasn't a lipo powered brushless motor! Can't wait to put these things on planes and try them out. Oh, and is the manual choke on the OS just for priming the engine? It has one and I'll have to hook a thin wire to it to pull on if you have to use it to start it. I guess I'll try it on the stand to see. I've only got one other 4 stroke with the manual choke on it and I've never even run it. It's an Enya 91. I have to get a plane for it too some day. Thanks again for your help.

Jim