RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 03:39 AM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Those OS engines Konrad is talking about not being competition worthy.  Could you please send them all to OZ cause I guess us poor O/T flyers are to dumb to realise that we are not flying with competitive motors.  Just for the record I have a few problems keeping up with some of the modified OS 61 fourstrokes we use out here.  And just conside all we use are factory bits lots of nitro and a few internal mods plus a pump, to give between 13 and 16,000 RPM on 12x6 APC props.  Yes those are the reliable figures and as I remember they units weren't grenade motors (blow up as soon as you start them) and they ran on about 55% nitro.  They needed a wash out at the end of the day with FAI fuel and a liberal dose of cool power up the crank case vent to slow down the after effects of the residial nitro though.

But further discussion about that is not for this place, though I'll leave you with a thought after todays flying
85% Lanzo Bomber with 10% nitro into a Saito 65 swinging a 15 x 8 prop at 5,000 rpm climb out power 10 mls of fuel ran for 8 minutes the running 30% nitro same engine with a 13 x 6 Bolly carbon fibre prop turned 13,500 rpm.  All in the tuning and prop guys and of course having a great design engine helps as well.  The Bomber for those who care weighs 4.5 pounds for a 5 pound fuel allocation.  Note also this engine is un modified and still has about another 30 minutes of flying to be considered a run in competition model
Just thought I would tell you that.