RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby king lipoly batteries
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 05:18 PM
pattratt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobby king lipoly batteries

apereira

I would caution you about Hobby King Rhino 4900's.
I ordered and received 9 of the 4900's for entry into electric. Because I wanted all the equipment for my Visa here prior to receiving the aircraft 30 days lapsed after I RECEIVED the batteries before I was able to fly them. On the first full power flight one of the packs lost a cell [went to 1.1 volts] I immediately e-mailed Hobby King customer service and was basically told "Tuff-S___" the batteries werer only warranted for 30 days period. I responded back as to the situtation explaining how they were broken -in and out of 45 cells for only one to be bad it was not something I did but was obviously a defective product. I was again told "Tuff-S___" they were out of warranty and I should have checked them prior to the 30 day warranty period expiring! We are talking less than 45 days over the warranty. At the time I sent the first e-mail I told them I wanted to order another 9 packs [four for me and 5 for a friend] if they would warranty the pack which would save them any additional freight charges on getting me the replacement! Did not seem to matter!

At this point I would not oreder anything from Hobby King nor would I recommend them to anyone!

I am probably going to order a couple of Chris Moons packs and see how they compare even though they are twice as exspensive!

Dick