RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:20 AM
milehighjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10

ORIGINAL: rgspemkt
Hi,

Well, it sounds like we're travelling parallel paths - somewhat. Irecognize your IDfrom the Super Cub forum.

I've been flying HZSuper Cubs (I got the old "red" one about 18 months ago and an LP last July so I could fly with floats).
I just bought the Stinson yesterday and put it together last night. I got a BNF as I bought a JR X9303 last week.

It's too windy to fly today, so I may just have to do some taxiing with the Stinson and see if it calms down later.

I'm a newbie when it comes to radios that exceed the ones that come with the Super Cubs, so I'm trying to
learn as much as I can about the 9303. One thing I'm concerned about is the the Spektrum AR500 RX in the
Stinson emits a continuous tone. The TXand Rx are "bound"as I have throt/rudder control on the left stick
and ail/elev on the right does this sound correct?

John

Hi John,
I think all of the Spektrum RX's have a bit of "squeal" to them. I first noticed on my T-28 when I first got it. Neither it, nor the Stinson seem to do it as much as when they were new. Im not sure if thats a "breaking in" thing, or just a matter of having really worked on getting the the control surfaces dead centered without using trim or subtrim. Maybe someone here can comment on that.

I think you will love the Stinson... I know I get the big kick out of it. Its a very graceful flyer.

I have a piece of velcro mounted on the plastic wing mount (leading edge) in hopes of minimizing the prop lines. Unfortunately, Ive not been able to get a camera flight in on it yet. The first time I went out, my cam battery was dead. The next time, I flew a "warm up" flight that ended in a NASTY crash. Ive been working to get it trimmed the way I like it, and fighting weather and short days now, so I still havent had the chance.

Get yourself a nice calm day for the maiden. If you put the flaps on it, know that it will literally JUMP into the air, and is prone to stalls if you are not careful. On my first flight, I had WAAAY too much flap in on take off, and I wasnt expecting it. Wound up with a wicked left veer, and caught a wingtip on the weeds at the edge of the runway. Instant cartwheel. Fortunately, I had no damage except slightly bend landing gear.

Good luck... look forward to hearing your first flight report!

jc