RCU Forums - View Single Post - In Praise of HengLong Tanks
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:05 PM
jondonnis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: In Praise of HengLong Tanks

Thanks.  This will be the first tank and may not buy more.  I get bored easily. Well now not sure what to do.  Because the local, reliable model shop also sells these.  However, they sell them at a higher price but also sell reconditioned Tiger I tanks for about £41.  I asked wants been done to them (know nothing of the inner workings etc).  They said they are the smoke and sound versions that other shops have sent them, because they were returned.  They then have an electronics company look them over.  They then remove the smoke and sound and sell them as plain sound and smokeless versions.  Was tempted to get that one as it's local.  However, for something that is essentially second hand and had the guts ripped out of it, I think they are still charging to much (but I could be wrong).

Might stick with the Maplin one for now.  They don't have the sound version though.  They did manage to cock the order up and it's taken 3-4 calls to get them to sort it.  Had something else on ordered.  Called them to cancel that.  The tank order I'd put through came in to their system while I was on the phone.  When I checked back later the idiot and randomly decided to cancel that as well.  Just as the tank stock had come in.

Local model shop mentioned above has the smoke and sound version, a new one, not reconditioned, for £86.99 is that cheap?

Have to call Maplin to cancel any orders of theirs which is really annoying.