RCU Forums - View Single Post - 30cc Edge 540 build
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:11 PM
bemeson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 30cc Edge 540 build

Bigjer,
You are moving right along. It looks great. I was wondering did you run a regulator from your life battery to your ignition. I did not see one and DLE ignitions usually dont like more than 6 volts.

Well I have applied my graphics to my plane, attached the landing gear, and installed the aileron servos tonight. My camera was out of juice, so I will post the pics tomorrow night if I get a few minutes. I will start with the graphics first.

It took me a bit of time to get the graphics right on the top of the wings. I attemped to place the graphics parallel to the leading edge and to move them back approximately two inches, but this did not work. When I attached the wings to the plane the graphics did not look good. I actually ended up installing the graphic approximately 3" off the leading edge near the fuse and around 2 1/8 near the wing tip. They now look pretty good. The supplied graphics from Aeroworks are a little different because you apply the clear application material on the top of the graphic and reuse the material for the other side.

The way I did it was I layed the graphic on the table face up and then applied the clear application material on the top of the graphic. I started working from the center out. I got all the air bubbles out and then removed the backing. I applied a mostly water and a little detergent mixture on the wing to aid in moving around the graphic prior to placing it down forever. The graphics layed flat and took very little work to get all the bubbles out. Remember don"t mess up the clear application material....you need to use it on the other side. The graphics appear to be good quality, but time will tell if they come off after flying them for a while.

I then moved to the fuse...I decided to use my company name on the side, so I did not use the AW graphic on the side. I got my grahics from B and E graphics. They were fast and did exactly what I asked. I tried to match the font that AW used. It is close enough for my liking. I did use some of the white lettering underneath my company name because I thought it looked good. Their graphics have the traditional wax application paper on the top of each graphic.

I did not place any graphics on the tail yet because I am not sure what I will be using. I am not that fond of the Quick Build graphic.