RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eclipse 7 PCM
Thread: Eclipse 7 PCM
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Kpwhite56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eclipse 7 PCM

I realize this is an age old question, but I just got into RC planes about a year ago.  I started out on several Hitec Focus 4 radios from a shed buy-out and although they were solid basic units, I decided to get into computer radios once my experience level allowed me to start flying aerobatic styled planes.  About mid-summer, after much research on function and pricing,decided upon, and found two Eclipse 7's, one last one on a shelf at an online store, and the other on Ebay, barely used, like new in original box in England.  Bought them for around 135.00 each.  I put a Hitec synthesized 72 module in one and the Hitec 2.4 module n the other and so have all the bases covered.  I like having two radios with this level of diversity, in case I ever have a radio malfunction at the field.  Swap modules, a quick model setup and can still fly.  As I add more Optics 2.4 rcvrs, I add a 2.4 module in the second radio.  After 6 months I still LOVE these things except for one little thing . . . only 7 model memory.  As my addiction causes me to not be able to resist the occasional good by on some cool plane I haven't had, I wondering . . . has anyone ever come up with a way to add more model memory?  Even an aftermarket, black market, no market board to solder in?  Anything?