RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why haven't JetJoe Turbines Improved??
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 03:40 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why haven't JetJoe Turbines Improved??

ORIGINAL: Andy Sheldon

Dave

I personally have 2 of the Jetjoe Juniors in foam models.
My original engine is now about 18 months old.
The only changes I have made is to open the tail cone a little to reduce the temp slightly as suggested in another thread on this forum.
The very early Juniors suffered with loss of pre load due to the wavy washer but Joe is very helpful and if you return the turbine to him he replaces the washer free of charge and tests the engine.
I did have a combustion chamber burn out after about 6 months of hard use and again it was returned to Joe who replaced it with an improved design free of charge. Joe really is very helpfull.
I read these Jet Joe bashing threads and really can not believe some of the posts.
I know some of the posters and know that they have very little turbine experience and have never personally owned a Jet Joe.
The Jet Joe is not plug and play like a JetCat but if you know what you are doing its not a problem.
Heres another flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNyMQumSGF4

Thanks

Andy
Andy,
Great reply...How many hours exactly on EACH? Only item needing service was a CC between both engines? No bearings, flame sticks, etc? Other than maybe some ECU adjustments nothing else?
Lastly, These came direct from JJ in China and no other party "tweaked" them before or after you got 'em?
I'm still a disbeliever.... Sorry.

Dave