RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models 42% Ultimate Biplane
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 09:04 AM
LDHFlyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models 42% Ultimate Biplane

Hi Greg,
Best Wishes for your chosen route. You probably have a lot more experience than me with these sorts of setups.
My biggest setup so far is the Neu 1521 geared on 12S 10,000mAh on an 89" 3DHS Slick.
I have a background in electronics/electricity; so, I think that makes the electrics even more enjoyable for me than my gas and nitro planes.
Being new to this many watts, I want to go with something as reliable and proven as possible, hence my decision for the Predator/Schulze. I.E. I don't want to do any motor/ESC combination trial and error. There will be plenty of trial and error for me with the Predator/Schulze
Also, I think the power max of the Predator and current max of the Schulze with leave me with some room to experiment with props to get just the right flight characteristics for me.
I'm aiming for 12S, 10 - 15kmAh but will probably try 14S somewhere along the way.....especially if I get boared with 12S.
If I get another setup of this size, I'll try your idea. I'm all for saving some money...... just not this time.

I'm really anxious to see how Saul's and your setups work out. I hope you both post whatever you learn about how they actually perform.

Larry
Northern (Snowy) Illinois