RCU Forums - View Single Post - Will it get banned
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 03:38 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Will it get banned

There are some of us out here that are sidelined by the threat to jets so a poll was interesting. I don't think it did a darn thing about predicting the future. Jet pilots all voted yes, and others voted no, I suspect. I would love to have a jet, but right now it is kind of risky to purchase...Oh hell, I would probably crash it in a year anyway.

Several people here are right about standing together. It is not a demo/repub issue, it is a TSA issue and they are rapidly remapping/removing our rights as citizens. A jet powered plane in the wrong hands could do some real bad things. I think the solution is to inform the public what to be looking for with jets and FPV overflights. Even a motor mounted on a foam coffee cup has potential for misuse.

What would you do if you saw someone getting ready to put up a jet in a congested area? What would you do if you saw FPV equipment setup along the Hudson? Are you willing to intercede and stop someone and call authorities? Hard to say who the good guys are anymore. How do you know if someone is really technically capable of doing the NY flight safely? That Austrian's website indicates a lot of experience. His judgment is questionable.