RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Wind S Pro
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:26 AM
hezik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebart Wind S Pro

ORIGINAL: tclaridge

Hezik,
Having flown both the Wind 110e and the Pro, how do they compare? Do they ''feel'' the same? Do they have the same characteristics?
Difficult question.. I have only flown 3 flight so far on the 2m, so it might be a bit premature.

As rcpattern pointed out, they are not the same aircrafts. The WindS 110 is not similar to the Angel, it IS an Angel. I have asked Sebart this year if they would bring a new 110 to the market, which is a real WindS, and in his answer he confirmed that the 110 was actually an angel, and that there won't be a 'real WindS 110' in 2010. Maybe the coming year?

However.. both the 110 and the 2m are fine planes. Value for money, the 110 is unbeatable. As I said, I haven't flown the 2m enough to say anything definate, but the difference between the two is what one would expect. The 2m feels more 'solid' in the air, you have to do far less steering to keep it in line, it's less succeptable to wind.

It needs less rudder on knife edge and less down on inverted flight. Also, with the incidence I have now, it comes down in a straight line, whereas the WindS 110 wants to climb out of it a little. Also I had to trim the 110 up, the 2m doesn't need any trims.

So far it seems mine doesnt need any mixers either. It tracks straight in knife edge and has no rolling tendencies. The WindS had a small rudder/elevator mix for left rudder knife edge, and a small rudder/roll mix for both KE's to keep it from rolling out, which it did very slightly.

In short.. the 110 is as good as you'll get in that size and that money. The 2m is slightly bigger and, all else aside, therefor better.

I've flown a lot with the 110, if I were to compete NOW against myself, the 2m vs the 110, the 2m would win. Even though I really know the 110 and am just starting to know the 2m.