RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building vs. not building
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:44 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: Building vs. not building

I absolutely love to build... however time constraints and other more pressing projects(my home) have left me with little time to do a full-on kit build for the last 3-5yrs or more. Basically I've substituted my house projects for my RC projects... I can't/won't afford someone else to come in and work on my house when I'm perfectly capable, and it does save alot of money, and I do get great satisfaction from remodeling my own home..... but it comes with a price... I have no time to do RC projects on the grand scale... that doesn't stop me from collecting them up though, as the house will have to wait someday.. just like my RC building is waiting right now..... oh ... but wait... along comes the ARF's.. . and yes.. those have kept me in flying.. offering less time involved(much less in most cases), and relatively low maintenence... I'm a fan of quality ARF's.. for a few reasons.... but I come from a time when the only ARF's on the market weren't worth having.. and the only way an avid modeler could have a quality plane was to build it yourself... so I can appreciate both... I'm looking forward to a few builds next year though already. I need a break from my house for sure.