RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Remklep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build

ORIGINAL: saramos

Well, here's where I am. I know there's been a lot of discussion on how to proceed as a group. I've decided that I want to continue on with this project based on the data that Danny and I have gathered. I'll be going on with my own design, but I don't want anyone to feel that I am trying to change this project, so it might be best if I don't make regular posts on my project here. I may start a new thread. I do hope that everyone proceeds as they had planned. It would still be wonderful to see a group of 1/6th scale Corsairs to come out of this. I can always be reached by PM or email, and am glad to share what I can.

Currently, I am working on drawings of the planes side view, top view and contours. After that, I'll start on the model design. I may end up building plugs and molds. There's a lot of new stuff ahead for me, but I look forward to the challenges.

I want to thank everyone for their contributions and efforts. I really have enjoyed it.
Keep building, and good flying.

Scott Ramos

PS, if you are going to the AMA Convention in January, stop by the San Fernando Valley Flyers booth, and say Hi.
Guys,

I have been thinking about what to do for months and it's not an easy decision to take.
I joined this group to make a scale Corsair not an approximation of one, those can be had by buying a kit or plan available now.
So I am going the same way as Scott is.
The measuments we took are going to be the basis for a Corsair that will fit my Seidel 7-70.
I have already spoken to Chad about this and he graciously allowed me to use his construction techniques for my new plans, as I like the way he designed the fuselage a lot.

I will offcourse remain active here too, but as Sam will not clutter this thread with my own design.
And besides, now that I'm a daddy and will be again in may 2011, my building time will get less and less.

I will make available my tail-gear design to whomever wants to use the drawings.

It's a bit of a shame that I have already build and finished the vertical and horizontal stabilizers, elevators and rudder and have the fuselage all done up to the point where I need to fit the wing.
But it isn't a complete loss, I gained a lot of new building techniques and it's a cold winter here and we have a fire-place...

Danny