RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas now at Toys R Us?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas now at Toys R Us?

ORIGINAL: cumquat

i stopped going to my once-was favorite lhs because the guys i liked quit or got fired and the owner took over the shop himself, he is not people friendly. the other 2 are ok but the first on i went to (the place i got my first hobby grade) is too far and the newest one (and closest) is hobby town, which means over priced.
same with me
One dude was great at the LHS left, and I haven't been going back as much.
I know he was at odds with the manager for awhile (before the guy was the manager)
I remember someone walking in with a savage and 3 bent integy shocks asking why it happened off a small jump. He said integy was just for a RC you wanted to put parts on and put in a display case. Told him to go home, and slap his stock shocks back on it.
Hell when I got my jammin x1 he told me goto ebay and find the Z-brace, and center cnc mounts for $15 each (and even pulled up ebay to search while there) cause the shop would charge $70 a part.
Guy owned every 1/8th buggy on the market, and would give honest opinions on which he found more durable or handled better.
really miss him.
He would also do quick repairs for free after looking to see if any bosses were around if someone didn't know how to fix it
Also noticed the amount of customers kinda is low too last few times I've been there from when he was there(sure the new crappy layout didn't help that either).