RCU Forums - View Single Post - the rational of trimming
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:08 PM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: the rational of trimming

Eagleburger

You currently are using the 0-0-0 method.

There are a bunch of pattern fliers down under who use my Methods.
Please go to my website and read my Triangulation trimming article at

hebertcompetitiondesigns.com

Also you can click on my name here on RCU "Flyncajun" see all my post on the subject. Plenty!
Every possible question has been answered on this list alreadyin the pattern forum, with the response from the modelers after I helped to fix the issues.all trim questions are the same, and they all start with the same problems, so your issues are not new they are very common.they are as follows,Pull to canopy in the upline, left rudder tuck to the belly on knife edge, sometimes right rudder as well pull to the canopy in the downline , the need for lots of right thrust, the need for lots of right thrust ECT it`s all covered.

However ,I must warn you all IMAC airplanes have the wings set very forward ,some times too far forward (because they think Tail moment will dampen the airplane,,in reality the cg is just to far back ) , this effect snaps most of all now ,you have to preload the snap by faking them ( up elevator first to "show break" followed by aileron and rudder , a forgery for sure) so you may not be able to put the cg on the 25% of the MAC. unless you move the wing forward.
If you cannot balance the airplane there, you can not use my methods.

The edge 540 have a real problem with this!

But you would be a good case study if your willing to learn and do exactly as I say and report back to the list.
I`m not sure what class your flying currently that will matter to me on how to coach you to improve your setup.

Bryan