RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models 42% Ultimate Biplane
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: World Models 42% Ultimate Biplane

Hi Saul,

Yes, I believe the CA120-70 is the largest Turnigy motor. They must also have a line of washing machines that these are used in.

The max. number of cells for this motor is not specified. In fact, there are few specifications for the motor. I plan to start with a 30" prop to obtain a peak power level between 9000 watts and 9500 watts using 12s3p 15AH with the Castle Creations ICE HV 160 ESC. My final prop will be a Mejzlick carbon but I may experiment with some less expensive Xoar or Vess wood props. The limitation in this power system is the ICE HV 160 ESC but it will act as a good starting point to check motor temperature.

thomatrix,

Yes, I will post my results here. I would like to pre-test the motor before it goes in the plane this spring.

Good luck on your move!

Larry,

I guess I took care of my own Christmas present this year. Unexpected package deliveries is one of the fun parts of our hobby.

I posted some numbers on this motor using the same ICE HV ESC with a 27" prop which is why my first attempt will be with a 30" prop. The gas engine prop mount needs a good thick hub so I think that eliminates using any of the electric style props.

Tom,

That is one interesting project you have. It sounds like a mix of work and hobby. Be careful not to jump up too much additional weight at once. It would be safer to try some reasonable increments. Good luck!