RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 PM
jerrymu1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build

Since I am not sure, I must ask what information the measurements that Scott and Danny made yielded; if I understand the explanation provided by Scott, the measurements yielded the width of the fuselage at specific stations along the length of the fuselage. I may be wrong, and if so, I apologize to everyone for my misunderstanding.

Now I am questioning the future of this build. Is Chad going to finish the design or not? If Chad doesn't will someone else do it? Or, is everyone just going go do their own thing? I completely understand Danny's concern about his engine not fitting inside the cowl and Scott's decision that the scale fidelity of the Matt drawing does not meet his needs.

Although I purchased a tail kit, I don't like to piece meal a build so I have not yet built it. I have instead attempted to design some of the detail parts such as the properller hub, blades, wheels, and landing gear. My designs can be scaled to any size, so I haven't lost anything. However, some have started building and it would be a shame to see their work tossed.

I would appreciate any thoughts from others who have been involved in this build.

Sincerely,
Jerry M.