RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 PM
bluzjamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

Hi Guys,
Just came on this post. I ordered a Seniorita from NP on their BF sale. I ordered a Zlin at the same time. I received the Zlin but they backordered the Seniorita.
They sure didn't back order the charge to my CC. Eric on the forums asked if I wanted to get a refund after I posted this same story on their forums.
I told him if he couldn't get it to me by mid January to issue a refund. He still hasn't answered me back. I also use Paypal but I fund with Am. Exp.
AmEx has never let me down and I have had to use it several times with Chinese orders. I'm wondering if I would have gotten Tom's plane since we placed the orders around the
same time. I've bought 4 or 5 planes from NP, mostly foam jobs. The Cessna 182 55" wing has about 100+ flights on it and flys nice. Took the wheel pants off it and put on bigger tires.
The hawk sky has about the same number of flights on it but has been through hell and back. Broken control horns, faulty pushrod sleeves, bad servos, lousy connections, many weak points.
Has lots of scars but still flys. I fly off short grass fields, the Trainer 400 has one flight on it, nose wheel broke on the first landing and it wasn't rough. I fixed it and it broke on the next takeoff.
I turned it into a taildragger and it torge rolled on takeoff , still repairing it but my flying is done until spring. The 400 arrived with the rudder pulled apart, pushrods that were too short, and a motormount that was loose.
The prop had to be shimmed out away from the cowl. I bought one of the large P-51's foamies and haven't flown it. I was told to replace every bit of the electronics it came with. Everything looks weak on it, from the control horns and pushrods,
to the ESC. Was told not to fly it without a UBEC and at least a 50 amp ESC. So will rework that one over the winter. Was using that 2.4 Radio and RX in the Hawk and it died in that plane. Glad it wasn't in the P-51. Have better radios now.
I did buy a Vista EP from Tower and the wing incidence was off from the stab. I had to put lots of nose weight and raise the TE of the wing but it flys good now. I have the time to kit build and I learned how over 50 years ago when I was a kid.
I just feel my time is worth more to me than to use it gluing pieces of wood together and ironing on film (which I was never good at). Takes some the attachment out of the equasion also and I don't feel as bad when they crash.
I do look for weak spots and add CA or Epoxy as needed now. I try not to order direct from China as they always send a wrong part and claim I ordered the wrong part. The Hobby Partz people have sent me the wrong lipo but I usually can use the wrong one
and they have replaced the faulty ones they have sent. It's a tough racket, we can always buy from our LHS if we want to spend the extra cash. You pays your money and you make your choice.
Bluz