RCU Forums - View Single Post - GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 11:46 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

Hi David and Dion
Welcome to both of you - look forward to sharing this great sport with you guys in 2011.

I will try to add some value to both of your questions.

Carbon Rods - I use the standard 6mm Carbon rod with a 3.5mm I D. I then use 3mm S/S threaded rod- be sure that it extends by ar least 50mm into the rod. Use a good, slow setting epoxy. When fitting the threaded peace into the CF tube, coat it with the epoxy and syringe epoxy into the tube. Fit the Ball End 50% onto the threaded rod prior. Turn the threaded rod it into the CF tube as if you woud be tuning it in if it were threaded. Clean away exess epoxy, tape in place and leave for 24 Hrs to cure. I have never broken a Rod - Genuine !

Carbon Rod seals. - First let me start by saying that ALL radio boxes leak - sooner or later - FACT. I have seen some boaters spend more time on the radio box than the build- Only to find ' IT LEAKS'
A system we have used for years- and yes it has failed at times- mostly due to user error- Never the less, for many, it is the most convenient system and simple in design.
We fit and seal the radio box in position prior to bonding the deck and hull. The centre of the deck beam becomes the lid of the now water tight preinstalled radio box. The servo cutouts and mounting points are machined out and the servos simply drop into the radio box- then sealed around the perimeter with a quality marine silicon. The joint line on the servo is now below the deck (inside the radio box) so in effect the servo is sealed. The Hitec 805 bb servo's are water proof at the servo horn, however we place a small 'O' Ring around the servo horn with some Red Rubber Grease, as we do on the standard throttle servo and this seals it well and good.
Always enclose your RX and Battery in a Good Ballon and seal it with a good few winds with a rubber band.
We seal the radio box access hole with a few strips of Duct tape - works like a charm.

Well To You ALL
It was a great 2010 - It was great sharing and learning from you all. 2011 is going to be an exsponential growth year for the Gas F1 Outboard class. We have 15 Gas outboards racing at our local district club and exspecting close to 30 at our 2011 Nationals- so we have grown. YEAH !

Have a wonderful end to the year and a blessed time with your family and loved ones.

We are of to our farm in the Eastern Cape for a few weeks of absolute fun in the sun !.
We will be back on the 5th Jan 2011- The moulds are prepped and the order book is growing. We are very exited about some of the new products, so very keen to get going again. Man - I love this job !

Merry Christmas
Hallelujah Jesus !
Kind Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60451.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1535308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56945.jpg
Views:	41